Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween

Ford Dining Hall was in full Halloween spirit tonight at dinner. The prevailing theme was "The Wizard of Oz" and music from the archaic film poured out from the speakers. All of the stations were renamed to things such as "There's No Place Like Home" and a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

For the first time that I've ever witnessed, the blinds were completely shut in order to create a bit of a claustrophobic feel, and most of main lights were shut off leaving only the delightfully creepy decorative lights to dine under. The large steel columns were covered with sheets of construction paper that formed huge, mangled-looking trees that one would find in a haunted forest. They were actually pretty impressively good quality. I would like to post pictures, but I didn't have my camera with me today.

The food was all country-bumkin style with broccoli, cheese biscuits, baked potatoes, pumpkin pie, etc. Even the icecream sprinkles were orange and black pumpkins and bats.

I'm not sure what the other dining halls did in terms of Halloween spirit, but I was pretty impressed by Ford's work. I'm surprised that they let the employees dress up the way some of them did (eg. one girl wore a huge green cape; won't that thing blow into the food?) but it was fun. I'm not one to get worked up over holidays, ever, but I admit that it was a pretty cute setting.

oh, and have a great Halloween everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home