Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm actually graduating!

As a dry run for graduate school and a farewell to my undergraduate institution, I'll be displaying my complete lack of stage presence at a public reading at Skylight Coffeehouse in Downtown Lafayette on Wednesday, August 1st at 7:00 p.m. I'll be reading some of my poetry and a new non-fiction piece tentatively titled "I am Trying to Be Chill." Please come out and have tea.

EDIT 7/13: Personal to Alex who e-mailed me at my GMail--please resend the message, I accidentally deleted it. Apologies.

3 Comments:

Blogger orangepulpfilms said...

damn you and your tea.

that said, i'll be there.

10:43 PM  
Blogger luckeyfrog said...

Congratulations on graduating! :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Chris D7 said...

BLAST from the PAST, Josette...

If I said "SWift", would it ring a bell? =)
('Tank-' what? Still?? Really?!?) ;]

"How the hell are ya?!?"

Dan Lawrence has my number. (Do you remember Dan? or the 'House of Sin'? or *shudder* Termie?)

Ahh... memories of TinyFugue...
(Hmm. How does it go? .who .n=SW ?)

Yes, I still type at speed, and have yet to "spontaneously combust" as once predicted...

BTW, I'm in LONDON -- no, not Canada, I mean England, UK.

Say, you've lost weight, too, eh? Lookin fantastic, babe.

You? Stage presence? It's there. I remember 'how you were' -- your core character, though somewhat introverted, will surely complement anything you choose to read publicly. ;)

... then again, YEARS have gone by, and who knows? I wouldn't know how you've changed anyway.

But you're GRADUATING, and Leaving Las Vegas! Or at least, 'Las Fayette'. KUDOS & CONGRATS, and ALL THE BEST for the future, Josette.
But Virginia? What's in VA? =]

SWift exits, stage left. "Ciao!"

PS - Write, anytime..

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home