Sunday, April 29, 2007

Purdue serves up nutrition information, healthy options

Purdue serves up nutrition information, healthy options

This can only be a good thing. I stopped going to the dining halls because I always came out of there feeling over-stuffed even though I originally didn't think I was putting too much bad food on my tray. It is too bad they don't have something more like a traditional restaurant where you can only order one meal and that's all you get. They could control the portions and limit you to a certain number of items. I know some people wouldn't like it - but there are many who can't handle the wide open feeding trough style or buffett like option they have in the dining halls. I know I'm not the only one who is that way because there was a whole group of us in HTM one day talking about this very thing and every single one of us (nine people) all said they had the same problem. I know I should have will power but without the information right there for me to see, I make unwise decisions. So, yay for the dining services on this one.

Let's just hope they lie about the calories over at the pasta bar so I don't have to feel guilty the next time I go over there!

1 Comments:

Blogger luckeyfrog said...

I'm glad they're not completely changing the setup for the pure fact that we pay so darn much for food in the dining halls that I feel entitled to as much as I want.

I try to keep it healthy, and not eat too much, but when you're paying ~$8 a meal... you should be able to get a lot if you want it!

Still, this'll help make things healthier for the people that want it without limiting choice for people who don't. That's good! :)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home