Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back on campus

My “first day back” on campus:
¬ I sold my iPod over summer, was on campus for one day, and now have another iPod. Due to the massive amount of construction that is going on around campus in addition to the normal noisiness of the whole place, I can’t see myself walking around without the soothing sounds of Lupe Fiasco, Jesus Lizard or even the Scissor Sisters. I like to be in my own place and having my own music really helps out.

¬ I went around campus all last year and hardly ever saw anyone I knew. One day back and I have already run into at least nine people that I know.

¬ I wish Chipotle would have been finished before yesterday because they had the road down to one lane during the early morning rush, causing traffic to be backed up all the way to the river causing me to have to resort to the parking garage in order to not be late.

¬ There was a group of 7 people lined up against the fence over by Grissom Hall standing and watching a squirrel. As I was getting past them, one of the threw a hamburger bun to the squirrel and I hear a few “wows” as the squirrel grabbed it and ran towards the tree. It reminded me of the group who were stopped and watching two squirrels getting it on near the clock tower last year.

With classes starting Monday ...Journal and Courier

Entrepreneurs cater to returning students' needsJournal and Courier

Residence director offers packing advice for incoming studentsPurdue Exponent

Starting college life excites students, parentsPurdue Exponent

Editor urges students to get involved earlyPurdue Exponent

JonBenet Slay Suspect Returning To US Wood said camera crews and reporters followed Ramsey on Friday when he took his son, Burke, to Purdue University to start the college year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home