Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dennis J. and Mary Lou Schwartz Tennis Center

Happy new years everybody!

The new indoor tennis facility is finally open! I played there on Dec. 31 for a while and the place is pretty nice. The glass structure is modern and sleek but not too out of the ordinary compared to other new buildings of this era. There are 6 indoor courts under an extensive continuous balcony where you can walk and observe all the players and matches. As of when I went, there was no clock so you'll have to bring your own; the same goes with balls. I'm not sure whether the scoreboards will ever be turned on for public use.

You can visit the official website for more information. During Winter Break, they are offering special hours and rates to celebrate their opening. However, I'm entirely against charging students excessive monies (and making the rates dependent on differing periods of the day, for shame!) to play during the semester. That's kind of janked up to me, but I guess they have to recuperate their building costs for a while.

The Schwartz Tennis Center will offer a special pre-opening rate of $8.00 per court hour from December 30 through January 12. It is located near the intersection of McCormick Road and Cherry Lane.
Sidenote: The adult tennis coaches and affliates in this town are so pretentious, but whatev, I'm over it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home