Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pedestrian Peeve (How did you get in college, Pt 1)

OK- So, I don't want to write something on here that is going to sound like some winey-ass person who writes in to the Exponent with some idiotic complaint- you, know, in fact, that there probably has already been 457 letters to the Exponent about this complaint- but, anyways- I won't write the Exponent or even write on here too much about it other than to say that I can not understand how someone can get into college ( a highly prestigious one like Purdue, for that matter ) and not understand the basic physics/some science/ of a car vs. a person. I am driving in my (let's say) 1000 pound vehicle at probably 35 miles per hour- you are walking in your (let's say) 165 pound body at about 9 miles per hour. If we hit- my car is not going to be hurt- at all- you, on the other hand, will be hurt. So, let's say for now on, you pay attention to where you are going and I won't pay attention to where you are going. And, having said that, if I run over your stupid ass- don't cry to me about it. It is no longer going to be my responsibility for watching where you walk. (This goes out to about 183 people that blatantly walked right out in front of my car over the last couple of days!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Foresman said...

Just for the sake of argument, most small compacts are around 1900–2300 lbs. Needless to say, your hypothetical 165 lbs person is going to go splat!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just looked up Ford Taurus=3380 pounds!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Josette said...

For fun times, sit at the tables next to Rawls and watch Krannert MBA students jaywalk across Grant Street. You'd think they'd know better, but no.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home